Book Meme Thing
solrosan tagged me!!
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag ten friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them!
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
ghosts, death, madness, poison, evil step parents and revenge *wistful sigh*
- The Annotated Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
No, the Baring-Gould one that obsesses over details to support various Great Game solutions
- The Annotated Alice by Lewis Carroll
blew my young mind that Carroll was a mathematician - madness with method; it’s like a fairy tale / math crossover
- Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
*Arthur Shappey voice: wow!*
- The Thief of Always by Clive Barker
an unhappy boy is spirited off to a house where it is Spring every morning, Summer every afternoon, Autumn every evening (+ Halloween trick-or-treating after dinner), and Winter every night (+ Christmas presents before bed)
- Faldum by Herman Hesse
a magician comes to town and grants everyone wishes; one man becomes the mountain that overlooks the village and observes it over eons until the mountain crumbles to dust
- Anathem by Neal Stephenson
this one is like a history of science / scifi / religion crossover!
- The Ghost Map and Emergence by Steven Johnson
- The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
Chicago World’s Fair! electricity! a serial killer!
- The Fairy Tales of Andersen and Grimm
tag all the people. if you did this already while i was distracted and I missed it, I am sad.